Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's My Party And I'll Cry If I Want To

Hey guys, me again. Ready for some edge-of-your-seat, nail-biting action this week? Well so am I:





But, sadly, that is not exactly what we've got on tap. Just funny stories and goofy pictures. First we go to Saturday night. I really got myself into a heap of trouble, let me tell you. Worse than a blowout in a blizzard on a mountain grade. My mom and dad got invited to a surprise birthday party all the way out in Saratoga Springs. They were asked to bring a box of ding-dongs to contribute, and I got to hold it on the way there:




Only part of the box is in the frame, so it just says Dongs. That's awkward. So anyway, we got there, and it was before the surprise, and some older kid, maybe like 2 or 3, blew a noisemaker right at me as soon as we got inside. That did it. I turned on the sirens and the waterworks and I was going at full bore for about half an hour, before mom and dad decided to give up and go home. And as soon as I got in the car, I was quiet. For the whole way home. Take that, mom and dad, for trying to have some semblance of a social life.

In other news, I've been enjoying some quality tummy time while dad's been at work. These were taken close together, and they illustrate just how moody some babies can be. One second I'm confused, worried, not enjoying myself:



The next minute I feel great, like I've had a bit too much adult beverage, and tummy time is happy hour:



Here's a video of (hopefully) an early predecessor to crawling. At the end I put my head on my arm and rest a while.



And to wrap things up, this one was taken today, around the same time as the picture up top:



Also, happy birthday to my mom tomorrow! The big 23. A year ago today, I was a still-unknown little embryo, and none of the three of us had any idea what we were getting into.

3 comments:

Flying Princess said...

Heh, heh, you said dong...

Heather says she wants to see movies of Lydia, too.

Melynda said...

Happy birthday, Lydia!

Unknown said...

his drunk face is awesome. sooo cute and funny