Saturday, November 22, 2008

"Get Into The Car And You Point It At The West Coast"

To start off, I'm pretty stoked about next week, when I get to go on my first official big road trip. When the sun goes down on Monday we're heading to St. George for the night, then driving on down to the Golden State for Thanksgiving. I hear the weather's gonna be pretty good, and something about turkey, which from what I can gather is something really good that everyone keeps raving about. I didn't really gather much more than that. At any rate, I'll be posting next from Vista, California- a northern suburb of "America's Finest City", hence the Mates of State lyric that is the title of my post today.

But that's not all, friends, no, not by a long shot. The last couple of days have been especially noteworthy, because here's why. A couple nights ago I was SUPER ornery, not unlike last Saturday night. Somehow, it wasn't any more fun than that time, but when my dad tried to put me to bed, I was so frustrated and fidgety- and I don't know really how I did it- that I rolled over! It was way freaky at first, but I've been able to replicate this feat several times since then, including the next morning when mom came to get me out of bed, and I looked like this:





So mom took a picture. I always sleep on my tummy, even though that's supposedly not the right way anymore. I'm over it. I just won't tell my doctor, since mom and dad haven't. As you can see, I definitely rolled onto my back after I woke up.
I'll admit, I feel very pleased with myself.

No comments: