Sunday, April 5, 2009

Grass, Baths, and Conference Weekend

Happy 8 months old to me! Life's been good, and I'm learning new things all the time. I can stand up pretty well on furniture and anything else I can get leverage on:




...and I can climb stairs, somewhat to my parents' chagrin. Better get used to it, guys. I got to spend most of the weekend at Grandma and Grandpa J's house in Tempe, pretty much messing around while everybody watched tv. It was the most boring show ever- a bunch of lengthy monologues by white-haired old men, and what appeared to be about 300 opera singers behind them. Like I said, very dull, so I wandered around the house and made discoveries like this one:




My parents are bathing me quite a bit more these days, what with my tendency to get baby food and its byproducts every place except where they should be. Up until recently, bathing held a certain degree of terror, which has been all but forgotten since the introduction of a few rubber duckies that really make all the difference.







Being inside for so long gets a guy a little bit stir crazy, so mom took me out in the backyard to hang out today. I have to sit on a blanket, because all over the ground were these horrible green needles that are really sharp on my feet and hands:




Why anyone would put those all over the ground is beyond me. But I enjoyed myself anyway, and spent some quality time with the dog:






Also, since the last post, I had a small run-in with some marker ink on a box. Actually, it was the box that my mom turned into a "car"/toy box for the front room. I was putting my mouth on it, because that's basically what I do with everything, and I got this wicked-cool bluish-black soul patch:


Speaking of putting things in my mouth, the appearance of my top two front teeth means I can legitimately chew now, so my mom gave me one of those cookie things made especially for a maturing gentleman like myself. All I have to say about those things is, C is for cookie, and that's good enough for me:



Mom's also taking classes, as many of you know, and sometimes I help her study. This is me tutoring her in biology:

2 comments:

Flying Princess said...

Aww. I miss that blanket. I tried to steal it many times. Thanks for keeping my puppy company.

Unknown said...

that bath pic is so unbelievably cute. get that kid a modeling contract. i totally didnt have teeth until i was one. then i barely got one tooth. i had hair tho. but i couldnt chew food. whats a girl to do!?